- DIE GESCHICHTE DES TRÜMMERMÄDCHENS CHARLOTTE SCHUMANN5. July 2019 | The award-winning screenplay by Oliver Kracht is being filmed in the studios of the Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg. The film takes place in post-war Germany and deals, in a historical context, with the still relevant topic of equal rights between men and women. Our civilian costumes support the authenticity of this era. With a cast that includes Laura Balzer, Valery Tscheplanowa, Till Wonka; Production: Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg; Direction: Oliver Kracht; Costume Design: Sabrina Krämer
- FRIEDEN2. July 2019 | The six-part drama series takes place in the spring of 1945, when Europe has finally reached an era of peace and everything points towards a new beginning. But the peace holds in store political as well as economic challenges. Our historic civilian costumes support this part of Swiss history. With a cast that includes Annina Walt, Max Hubacher, Dimitri Stapfer; Production: Zodiac Pictures Ltd, Arte; Direction: Michael Schaerer; Costume Design: Monika Schmid
- THE TURNCOAT5. June 2019 | Oscar Winner Florian Gallenberger is filming the Siegfried Lenz novel. The TV series portrays the fate of the Wehrmacht soldier and deserter Walter Proska and his love for a Polish partisan. Our costumes support this German-Polish story. With a cast that includes Jannis Niewöhner, Adam Venhaus; Production: Dreamtool Entertainment GmbH; Direction: Florian Gallenberger; Costume Design: Lisy Christl
- DIE IRRFAHRT DER ST. LOUIS4. June 2019 | In this docudrama, Ulrich Noethen slips in the uniform of Captain Gustav Schröder who, in 1939, found no port of call for the 937 Jewish refugees aboard the St. Louis. Our civilian costumes and uniforms accompany the tragic story, which marks its 80th anniversary in 2019. With a cast that includes Ulrich Noethen, Golo Euler, Britta Hammelstein, Johannes Kienast; Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Direction: Ben von Grafenstein; Costume Design: Markus Ernst
- CANNES COMPETITION 201915. May 2019 | The Studio Babelsberg co-production A HIDDEN LIFE, by multiple award-winning director and Cannes winner Terrence Malick and Academy Award-nominated costume designer Lisy Christl, will celebrate its world premiere in the competition of the 72nd Cannes International Film Festival. The film tells the true story of the Austrian Franz Jägerstätter who, for reasons of conscience, refused to serve in the Wehrmacht and was executed in 1943. As Costume House we enjoyed being part of this production and we keep our fingers crossed and wish the best success.