- Podcast with Andrea Peters4. August 2021 | Comacon Magazine invited our Managing Director Andrea Peters for an interview for the 2nd time. This will soon become a habit. It has again become a casual conversation about Theaterkunst. You can hear all about our future plans, projects and the big question of how to resist the joy of dressing up yourself here every day in the podcast.
- SLØBORN 221. July 2021 | After the successful 1st season, the 2nd season of the series "Sløborn" has now been filmed. The six new episodes were shot on Norderney, in Berlin-Brandenburg and in Poland. The broadcast is planned for 2022 on ZDFNeo and in the Mediathek. This time, too, the islanders' struggle for survival continues. The cast of the drama and disaster series again includes Emily Kusche, Alexander Scheer, Adrian Grünewald, Aaron Hilmer, Karla Nina Diedrich, Lea van Acken and Wotan Wilke Möhring. Sløborn 2" is produced by Syrreal Entertainment in co-production with ZDF, ZDF Enterprises, Tobis Film and Nordisk Film. Director: Christian Alvart, Costume Design: Dorota Budna
- Eingeschlossene Gesellschaft14. July 2021 | Based on the radio play by Jan Weiler, the final picture has now been taken for the film "Enclosed Society". Six members of a teaching staff meet in the teacher's room shortly before the weekend. Suddenly, an ambitious father appears who wants to use all means to get his son admitted to the Abitur. Director: Sönke Wortmann; Costume Design: Anke Winckler
- Der Räuber Hotzenplotz7. July 2021 | The best-known robber from author Otfried Preußler is being remade for the cinema by Claussen & Putz Filmproduktion. Grandmother's (Hedi Kriegeskotte) coffee mill has been stolen! Kasperl and his friend Seppel set out to catch the dangerous robber Hotzenplotz (Nicholas Ofczarek). A great adventure begins in which the fairy Amaryllis (Luna Wedler) plays an important role. Director: Michael Krummenacher; Costume Design: Heiner Wiedemann
- Kleo4. July 2021 | Into the 80s with Theaterkunst. The eight-part Netflix series KLEO is being realized by Zeitsprung Pictures GmbH with Jella Haase in the leading role. Currently, filming is taking place in Berlin. The top GDR spy Kleo works for the Stasi and is arrested by the same. After two years in prison, the wall comes down and Kleo is released. She finds out that she is part of a big intrigue that ends in a vendetta... Directed by Viviane Andereggen and Jano Ben Chaabane; Costume Design: Ramona Klinikowski
- Interview at media:net Berlin Brandenburg2. July 2021 | Our managing director Andrea Peters talks to media:net berlin brandenburg e.V. about digitalization, internationalization and plans for the future. In the format "3 questions to..." she answers them: Click here to read the article! (German only!)
- TORSTRAßE 130. June 2021 | For TVNOW we are providing costumes for the six-part miniseries TORSTRAßE 1. It is the story of a house, the story of Germany and the story of a great love. Told over several decades of an eventful century. In the drama series, Vicky and Harry meet in 1927 during a politically unstable and economically difficult time. Vicky moves from a small town to Berlin to finally be able to live freely. She finds work as a department store clerk and falls in love with the penniless musician Harry, who turns out to be the son of the department store owner. Decades of ups and downs follow at the address Torstraße 1 - today's SOHO Haus. Director: Sherry Hormann ; Costume Design: Ute Pfaffendorf
- JUPITER AWARD 202122. June 2021 | The winners of the JUPITER AWARD 2021 have been announced! The audience has voted! Every year, the award from TV Spielfilm and Cinema honors the best films and stars from cinema and TV. Congratulations to the five productions where we were involved in the costume design. We are happy for these projects and actors: Jupiter Special Award - CORTEX (Director: Moritz Bleibtreu; Costume Design: Sabine Bockmeyer) // Best Actress National: Palina Rojinski in NIGHTLIFE (Costume Design: Silke Faber) // Best TV Series International: DAS DAMENGAMBIT (Production: William Horberg; Costume Design: Gabriele Binder) // Best TV Series National: DARK, Season 3 (Director & Screenplay: Baran bo Odar & Jantje Friese; Costume Design: Anette Guther) // Best Film National: JIM KNOPF UND DIE WILDE 13 (Director & Producer: Dennis Gansel & Christian Becker; Costume Design: Anke Winckler)
- 189918. June 2021 | The new Netflix series "1899" by the "Dark" duo Jantje Friese and Baran bo Odar is being shot in Babelsberg, for which a new studio for virtual productions - "Volume" - has been set up. The core element of „Volume“ is the largest fixed LED installation of its kind in Europe. The mystery series is about a group of migrants who leave Europe for America by ship at the end of the 19th century. On the Atlantic Ocean they meet another emigrant ship. The journey thus takes a nightmarish turn. Director: Baran bo Odar; Costume Design: Bina Daigeler
- BERLINALE 20219. June 2021 | Somewhat unusually in these summer temperatures, the 71st Berlinale starts today, June 9, 2021. This year, the International Film Festival is divided into two parts: In March, the trade press watched films in online mode, now in June the audience gets to enjoy the cinematic pleasures at open-air screenings. No Berlinale without Theaterkunst! We provided four films with our costumes: "Fabian oder Der Gang vor die Hunde" (director: Dominik Graf, costume design: Barbara Grupp), "Blutsauger" (director: Julian Radlmaier; costume design: Sara Wendt), "Ich bin dein Mensch" (director: Maria Schrader, costume design: Anette Guther) and "Die Welt wird eine andere sein" (director: Anne Zohra Berrached, costume design: Melina Scappatura).
- THEATERKUNST - FESTIVAL DE CANNES 20214. June 2021 | We provided costumes for two movies that make their world premiere at the 74th Festival de Cannes within the official competition: THE FRENCH DISPATCH, directed by Wes Anderson, brings old stories from an American magazine to life in a fictional French town shortly after World War II. Costume design: Milena Canonero. THE STORY OF MY WIFE tells about the bet made by Captain Jakob Störr to marry the first woman to walk into the café. He wins the bet, but it changes his life forever. Director: Ildiko Enyedi; Costume design: Andrea Flesch
- ALMOST FLY2. June 2021 | For the first season with six episodes, produced for TNT series, we provided costumes from the 90s. In a coming of age story, three young boys experience the German reunion in the western German province. They get to know the world of Hip Hop through a US Army Base which will change their lives forever. Script and director: Florian Gaag; Costume designer: Max Wohlkönig
- SOULS2. June 2021 | At the center of this eight episode drama series SOULS are three women whose lives are irreversibly falling apart. We provided the German in-house production with costumes. After a serious car accident, the boy Jacob believes he can remember his earlier life as a pilot of a lost passenger plane. Can our souls wander or does Jacob just fantasize? Director: Alex Eslam, Hanna Maria Heidrich; Costume Design: Nicole Fischnaller
- BABYLON BERLIN - SEASON 42. June 2021 | After successful 3 seasons of BABYLON BERLIN, the 4th season of the series is currently being shot for SKY and ARD. Our costumes are involved in this successful project again. The setting will be around 1930/31 and addresses, among other things, the world economic crisis. With Volker Bruch, Liv Lisa Fries, Lars Eidinger and others; Production: X Films Creative Pool GmbH; Directors: Henk Handloegten, Achim von Borries, Tom Tykwer; Costume design: Pierre-Yves Gayraud
- THEATERKUNST IN BUDAPEST19. May 2021 | Let's go to Hungary! We have moved into our new office in Budapest! The showroom is officially open! With Budapest, we are taking another step towards internationalizing Theaterkunst and being able to offer our costume parts, accessories and uniforms in Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic. One of the first productions that we equip on site is a six-part mini-series.
- STEREO TOTAL18. May 2021 | The singer Françoise Cactus died on February 17, 2021. Known and loved for her French accent, she founded the band STEREO TOTAL with her partner Brezel Göring (Friedrich Ziegler). Not only her style of music based on her punk rock attitude - her wonderfully outfits are also a gem for every costume fans. Some of her wonderful stage outfits were donated to Theaterkunst. Thanks to Brezel Göring and Hervé Lecouffe.
- DER KÖNIG VON PALMA30. April 2021 | An UFA Fiction production commissioned by TVNOW, loosely based on true events surrounding the case of the beer king Manfred Meisel. Our 90s costumes were allowed to travel abroad and support the filming of the six-part family drama, which has already begun in Mallorca. With a cast that includes Henning Baum, Pia-Micaela Barucki, Sandra Borgmann; Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Direction: Damian John Harper; Costume Design: Pieter Bax
- FAKING HITLER30. April 2021 | UFA Fiction is currently producing a 6-part series that takes on the 1980s news scandal about Adolf Hitler's faked diaries. Our 80s costumes accompany the events of this story. With a cast that includes Lars Eidinger, Moritz Bleibtreu, Sinje Irslinger; Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Direction: Tobi Baumann, Wolfgang Groos; Costume Design: Sarah Raible, Min Sun Kim
- ICH BIN SOPHIE SCHOLL19. March 2021 | SWR is launching new projects on social networks. 'Ich bin Sophie Scholl' is expected to start as an Instagram series on Sophie Scholl's 100th birthday on the 9th of May 2021. We are excited to see how our costumes will be presented on this new media format. With a cast that includes Luna Wedler; Production: Vice Media GmbH; Direction: Tom Lass; Costume Design: Juliane Maier und Sabin Gröflin
- LEGAL AFFAIRS19. March 2021 | This new TV series is about digitalisation and the resulting publicity of our private lives. Through fictional events, we experience how highly explosive information or the most intimate secrets are used manipulatively online. With a cast that includes Lavinia Wilson, Julius Feldmeier, Sven Gerhardt, Mersiha Husagic, Maryam Zaree; Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Direction: Randa Chahoud, Stefan Bühling; Costume Design: Katrin Unterberger
- HONECKER / HOLMER23. February 2021 | Jan Josef Liefers returns as director. Recounted is an episode from the time of Germany's reunification, shortly after the collapse of the East German regime with Erich Honecker as head of state. At the time, Honecker and his wife Margot sought refuge in a Protestant parish in Brandenburg. Our 1990s costumes accompany this incredible story. With a cast that includes Hans Uwe Bauer, Steffi Kühnert, Barbara Schnitzler, Edgar Selge; Production: Radio Doria Film GmbH; Direction: Jan Josef Liefers; Costume Design: Lucie Bates
- WE CHILDREN FROM BAHNHOF ZOO17. February 2021 | The fate of the children from Bahnhof Zoo, from 1970s Berlin, is available to watch as a new production on Amazon Prime from 19 February. Our costumes accompany the well-known story of Christiane F. With a cast that includes Jana McKinnon, Lena Urzendowsky, Lea Drinda, Michelangelo Fortuzzi; Production: Constantin Television GmbH; Direction: Philipp Kadelbach; Costume Design: Nicole Fischnaller
- ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT15. February 2021 | Edward Berger’s adaptation of Erich Maria Remarque’s classic novel of the same name is set to begin production in March 2021. Costumes of the WWI era are currently being selected from our collection to later ensure an authentic final result. With a cast that includes Daniel Brühl; Production: Amusement Park Film GmbH; Direction: Edward Berger; Costume Design: Lisy Christl
- RABIYE KURNAZ VS. GEORGE W. BUSH15. February 2021 | Award-winning director Andreas Dresen is currently producing an adaptation of Laila Stieler's book "Rabiye Kurnaz against George W. Bush". Filming has already been completed successfully. Our costumes support this political drama. With a cast that includes Meltem Kaptan, Alexander Scheer; Production: Pandora Film Produktion GmbH; Direction: Andreas Dresen; Costume Design: Birgitt Kilian
- Change of leadership at the Theaterkunst7. January 2021 | Since 1st of January 2021 Andrea Peters is Managing Director of Theaterkunst. Former CEO Susanne Franke is moving into the advisory board of the costume house after 20 years in a management position. Andrea Peters is an experienced and well-connected personality, who has been successfully active in the media industry for more than 30 years. For further details please see the press release from September 2020.
- FURIA18. December 2020 | This new international drama series from the Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) explores a violent and disturbing journey into a nationalistic subculture. Our costumes accompany this ambitious and unsettling story. With a cast that includes Nina Kunzendorf, Ulrich Noethen; Production: X Filme Creative Pool GmbH, Monster Scripted AS; Direction: Magnus Martens, Lars Kraume; Costume Design: Esther Walz
- MUNICH24. November 2020 | Christian Schwochow is currently filming a Netflix adaptation of the bestseller by Robert Harris. The historical drama is about the conference on the so-called Munich Agreement of 1938. Our historical costumes and uniforms support the review of a Europe in the run-up to World War II. With a cast that includes George MacKay, Jeremy Irons, Jannis Niewöhner, Sandra Hüller, Liv Lisa Fries; Production: Turbine Studios; Direction: Christian Schwochow; Costume Design: Frauke Firl
- Z.E.R.V.24. November 2020 | Our costumes support the new high-end series about the Berlin police authority of the same name. Portrayed from the perspective of an East German police inspector and a West German who is investigating in East Germany for Z.E.R.V.. With a cast that includes Fabian Hinrichs, Thorsten Merten, Imogen Kogge; Production: W&B Television GmbH & Co. KG; Direction: Dustin Loose; Costume Design: Silke Sommer
- TERRA VISION26. October 2020 | Our 1990s costumes are currently being used for the production of this new Netflix mini-series. It tells the true story of the development of Google Earth. With a cast that includes Marius Ahrendt, Lukas Loughran, Misel Maticevic, Seumas Sargent; Production: Kundschafter Filmproduktion GmbH; Direction: Robert Thalheim; Costume Design: Ingken Benesch
- GLAUBEN20. October 2020 | New justice drama based on the original screenplays by bestselling author Ferdinand von Schirach. Our costumes support this fictional reappraisal of the Worms justice scandal of the 1990s. With a cast that includes Peter Kurth, Narges Rashidi, Sebastian Urzendowsky; Production: MOOVIE GmbH; Direction: Daniel Prochaska; Costume Design: Max Wohlkönig
- FUNERAL FOR A DOG9. October 2020 | A new original series from Sky Germany based on Thomas Pletzinger's celebrated novel of the same name. Our contemporary costumes accompany this portrait of a generation between love, freedom and responsibility. With a cast that includes Albrecht Schuch, Friedrich Mücke; Production: Flare Entertainment GmbH; Direction: David Dietl, Barbara Albert; Costume Design: Silke Faber
- HANDOVER AT THE COSTUME HOUSE THEATERKUNST9. September 2020 |
Berlin, 09 September 2020: After 30 years working for Theaterkunst GmbH, the sole managing director Susanne Franke is to join the advisory board of the Berlin costume house on 01 January 2021. She served as a member of the management for 20 years and now hands over this responsibility to Andrea Peters. With her appointment, the company has recruited an experienced and very well-connected managing director with more than 30 years of professional experience in the media industry.
Dear customers, friends and colleagues,
I have decided after 30 years of operating activities at Theaterkunst to move to the company‘s advisory board. This will enable me to share my experience and expertise with Theaterkunst in my new role as a member of the advisory board from 01 January 2021. I will continue to serve as managing director until the end of the year.
My time as managing director gave me an unique opportunity to be able to play an active role in shaping the positioning and further development of Theaterkunst. It was a great joy and inspiration for me to get you enthusiastic about costumes and work together with my great team to find individual solutions for every one of your projects.
I am pleased that I can hand over a well-ordered house to my successor Andrea Peters and look forward to the exchange of ideas and fresh impetus for Theaterkunst. Andrea Peters is an experienced and very well-connected media manager who has successfully worked in the film, TV and media industries for around three decades. She will be the person to contact from 01 January 2021. In the meantime, I will be happy to introduce you to Andrea Peters in person and look forward to arranging a meeting. Please show her the same openness and high level of trust.
Niki Fölster and her team will continue to be your dependable and trusted points of contact for all matters relating to costumes.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful, constructive and enriching working relationship over recent years. Please remain loyal to Theaterkunst.
You can continue to reach me at my existing contact details.
Thank you very much for placing your trust in me and the company.
Managing Director, Theaterkunst GmbH
Press release >
- GRAND JETÉ3. September 2020 | The shooting for "Grand Jeté", the new film by Isabelle Stever, has started. Based on the book "Fürsorge'' by Anke Stelling, career and the issue of maternal love are the central theme. Our contemporary costumes support the family drama. With a cast that includes Susanne Bredehöft, Sarah Grether, Emil von Schönfels; Production: Brave New Work GmbH; Direction: Isabelle Stever; Costume Design: Waris Klampfer
- THE SON AND HEIR10. August 2020 | A new major Dutch drama series based on the critically acclaimed non-fiction book by journalist Alexander Münninghoff. Our costumes lead you through the journalists fascinating family history. With a cast that includes Gijs Scholten van Aschat, Silke Bodenbender; Production: Column Film; Direction: Diederik van Rooijen; Costume Design: Margriet Procee
- DUTSCHKE – ZWISCHEN DEN SCHÜSSEN10. August 2020 | Student leader and hate figure for the far right: The assassination of Rudi Dutschke in 1968 sparked street battles. Our costumes from this turbulent time support the new documentary adaptation by CineCentrum Filmproduction. With a cast that includes N.N.; Production: Cinecentrum Deutsche Gesellschaft für Film- und Fernsehproduktion mbH; Direction: Peter Dörfler; Costume Design: Anja Niehaus, Jessica Braun
- MONTE VERITÁ14. July 2020 | 1906: Change, fears and hopes shape society. Portrayed is Hanna Leitner, who tries to escape her day-to-day role in life. Our costumes support this historical drama, which could not be more modern. With a cast that includes Valerie Pachner, Liv Lisa Fries, Max Hubacher, Julia Jentsch, Joel Basman; Production: Coin Film GmbH; Direction: Stefan Jäger; Costume Design: Veronika Albert
- DAS MÄRCHEN VOM GOLDENEN TALER14. July 2020 | For the ARD fairytale series “Sechs auf einen Streich", which celebrates its anniversary this year, rbb is filming a new version of "Das Märchen vom goldenen Taler". Our historical costumes support the new production. With a cast that includes Stefanie Stappenbeck, Dominique Horwitz, Valerie Sophie Körfer, Dennenesch Zoudé, Stephan Grossmann; Production: Kinescope Film GmbH; Direction: Cüneyt Kaya; Costume Design: Bettina Weiß
- HEINRICH VOGELER – THE ARTIST IS GONE11. June 2020 | The shooting for the docudrama about the art nouveau artist Heinrich Vogeler is now completed. Our historical costumes support the multifaceted and profound life story of the artist, which raises universal questions about the understanding and responsibility of art. With a cast that includes Anna Maria Mühe, Alice Dwyer, Florian Lukas, Samuel Finzi; Production: Kinescope Film GmbH; Direction: Marie Noëlle; Costume Design: Dorota Budna
- CATWEAZLE11. June 2020 |
The feature film remake of the British cult series "Catweazle" is in production. Our costumes from different eras accompany the time travels of the magician and his little friend, which is anticipated to be shown in the cinemas as early as the end of 2020. With a cast that includes Otto Waalkes, Julius Weckauf, Katja Riemann; Production: Tobis Film GmbH & Co. KG; Direction: Sven Unterwaldt; Costume Design: Christine Zahn
- DER PALAST21. April 2020 | Uli Edel is filming a six-part event mini-series on the world‘s largest stage, the glamorous stage of Berlin's Friedrichstadt-Palast. Although filming is currently postponed, we are looking forward to supporting this German-German family history drama with our 80s costumes again soon. With a cast that includes Svenja Jung, Heino Ferch, Matthias Matschke, Jeanette Hain, Inka Friedrich; Production: Constantin Television GmbH; Direction: Uli Edel; Costume Design: Monika Jacobs
- NARVIK21. April 2020 | A chapter in Norway’s war history is being filmed. Our uniforms support the setting of this feature film, which shows the eventful months of spring 1940. With a cast that includes Carl Martin Eggesbøe, Kristine Cornelie Margrete Hartgen; Production: Nordisk Film Production AS; Direction: Erik Skjoldbjærg; Costume Design: Karen Fabritius Gram
- GROSSE FREIHEIT25. March 2020 | In this prison drama, Austrian director Sebastian Meise tells of a time when homosexuality was still punishable by law. Our 1940s to 1960s costumes support the life story of Hans Hoffmann who, despite everything, is looking for freedom and love. With a cast that includes Georg Friedrich, Franz Rogowski; Production: FreibeuterFilm GmbH, Rohfilm Productions GmbH; Direction: Sebastian Meise; Costume Design: Tanja Hausner
- BEKENNTNISSE DES HOCHSTAPLERS FELIX KRULL18. March 2020 | Detlev Buck is filming a new movie version of the Thomas Mann novel. Our turn-of-the-century costumes from our collection, as well as made to measure costumes for Maria Furtwängler, support this story of the young Felix Krull. With a cast that includes Jannis Niewöhner, Liv Lisa Fries, Maria Furtwängler; Production: Bavaria Filmproduktion GmbH; Direction: Detlev Buck; Costume Design: Frauke Firl
- LITTLE AMERICA20. February 2020 | Early 1950s, a time of upheaval. Two friends against the 'Old Order'. A small West German region becomes the base of an American military presence. Our costumes from this time accompany this journey of individual freedom, freedom of movement and capitalism in Germany. With a cast that includes Elisa Schlott, Franziska Brandmeier, Julia Koschitz, Jonas Nay, Anna Schudt; Production: FFP New Media GmbH; Direction: Dror Zahavi; Costume Design: Lucia Faust
- KU'DAMM 6319. February 2020 | The sequel to the first two successful multi-part TV movies is currently being filmed. Our costumes of the 60's accompany Caterina Schöllack and her three daughters in 1963, a time when women could hardly determine their own lives. With a cast that includes Sonja Gerhardt, Claudia Michelsen, Maria Ehrich, Emilia Schüle, Trystan Pütter, Sabin Tambrea, August Wittgenstein; Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Direction: Sabine Bernardi; Costume Design: Maria Schicker
- ALBERS & BURG31. January 2020 | The filming of the story about the German film star Hans Albers and his great love, Jewish actress Hansi Burg, is in full swing. Our costumes from the 1920s and 1930s support this docudrama. With a cast that includes Ken Duken, Picco von Groote; Production: Zeitsprung Pictures GmbH; Direction: Carsten Gutschmidt; Costume Design: Carola Raum
- BABYLON BERLIN31. January 2020 | The third season of Babylon Berlin has already started with 12 new episodes on Sky. Our costumes support the period atmosphere of the series, which is set shortly before the devastating stock market crash of 1929. With a cast that includes Volker Bruch, Liv Lisa Fries, Leonie Benesch, Lars Eidinger; Production: X Filme Creative Pool GmbH; Direction: Henk Handloegten, Achim von Borries, Tom Tykwer; Costume Design: Pierre-Yves Gayraud
- THE FORGOTTEN BATTLE20. December 2019 | Set in late 1944 this compelling Dutch war drama for Netflix follows three people involved in The Battle of the Scheldt, who secured supply lines for the Allied forces’ push to liberate Europe from Nazi Germany. Our costumes underline the authenticity of this dramatic time. With a cast that includes Gijs Blom, Jamie Flatters, Susan Radder; Production: Levitate Film; Direction: Matthijs van Heijningen Jr.; Costume Design: Margriet Procee
- SCHACHNOVELLE20. December 2019 | Stefan Zweig's most famous book is being adapted for the screen. Our costumes are part of this literary film adaptation, which impressively portraits the rebellion of one man against the National Socialists. With a cast that includes Oliver Masucci, Birgit Minichmayr, Albrecht Schuch, Moritz von Treuenfels; Production: Walker+Worm Film GmbH & Co. KG; Direction: Philipp Stölzl; Costume Design: Tanja Hausner
- HINTERLAND6. November 2019 | Vienna 1922. After seven years in Russian captivity, unfamiliar in a dark world, Peter Perg realises that his past caught up with him. Our 1920s costumes accompany this original story, filmed by Oscar winner Stefan Ruzowitzky. With a cast that includes Murathan Muslu, Liv Lisa Fries, Vicky Krieps; Production: FreibeuterFilm in co-production with Amour Fou; Direction: Stefan Ruzowitzky; Costume Design: Uli Simon
- HAUSEN6. November 2019 | The new Haunted-House series by Sky Originals is just being filmed. A skyscraper controls the feelings of its inhabitants and our costumes support the horror scenario. With a cast that includes Charly Hübner, Tristan Göbel, Alexander Scheer, Lilith Stangenberg; Production: Lago Film for Sky Germany; Direction: Thomas Stuber; Costume Design: Anna Wübber
- SLOBORN14. October 2019 | The filming of the new ZDF high-end co-production has started. Our costumes accompany the events in this drama series, in which humanity is threatened by a deadly virus. With a cast that includes Alexander Scheer, Wotan Wilke Möhring, Laura Tonke, Roland Møller, Emily Kusche, Lea van Acken, Marc Benjamin; Production: Syrreal Entertainment GmbH; Direction: Christian Alvart, Adolfo Kolmerer; Costume Design: Dorota Budna
- WIR KINDER VOM BAHNHOF ZOO14. October 2019 | The autobiographical bestseller is currently being adapted as a new contemporary German Amazon Prime Original. Our costumes support this high-end series. With a cast that includes Jana McKinnon, Michelangelo Fortuzzi, Lena Urzendowsky, Lea Drinda; Production: Constantin Television GmbH; Direction: Philipp Kadelbach; Costume Design: Nicole Fischnaller
- SHOWROOM ONLINE24. September 2019 | The show must go on! This is the motto of an entire industry and motivation for us to further develop our digital selection for you. Of course we cannot fully portray our costume collection, with almost 10 million pieces, but with the Theaterkunst-Showroom we have created a foundation and show a representative selection from all areas of our unique costume range. Approximately 2500 costumes from different angles give an insight into the quality and diversity of our collection. Let yourself be inspired!
- BLUTSAUGER24. September 2019 | Our 1920s period costumes support the bizarre vampire comedy, based on the award-winning screenplay by Julian Radlmaier. With a cast that includes Andreas Döhler, Corinna Harfouch, Alexandre Koberidze, Lilith Stangenberg; Production: faktura film GmbH in co-produktion with WDR / arte; Direction: Julian Radlmaier; Costume Design: Sara Wendt
- TURBULENT SKIES12. September 2019 | The new Dutch television series portrays two passionate Dutch pioneers, Albert Plesman and Anthony Fokker. They pull off setting up civil aviation in the Netherlands, when the world is heading for a new war. Our costumes from the 1920s and 1930s support the authenticity of this time. With a cast that includes Steef de Bot, Daan Schuurmans, Bram Suijker, Fedja van Huêt; Production:Topkapi Films; Direction: Joram Lürsen; Costume Design: Linda Bogers
- FREAKS12. September 2019 | Our contemporary costumes are currently supporting the first feature film co-production between ZDF and Netflix. A suburban mother discovers her true superpowers and fights alongside two superheroes for a better world. With a cast that includes Cornelia Gröschel, Tim Oliver-Schultz, Wotan Wilke-Möhring, Nina Kunzendorf; Production: PSSST! Film GmbH (formerly lüthje schneider hörl FILM GbR); Direction: Felix Binder; Costume Design: Metin Misdik
- THE QUEEN’S GAMBIT26. August 2019 | In the new Netflix mini-series, our costumes accompany the orphan Beth Harmon, who is on a quest to become one of the greatest professional chess players in the world as she struggles with addiction. The series is filmed by two-time Oscar nominee Scott Frank, based on the novel by Walter Trevis. With a cast that includes Anya Taylor-Joy; Production: X Filme Creative Pool GmbH; Direction: Scott Frank; Costume Design: Gabriele Binder
- DARK - SEASON 31. August 2019 | The filming is in full swing for the third and final season of this successful Netflix series, which hopefully will unravel all unanswered questions throughout all time zones. Our costumes accompany this journey through time. With a cast that includes Louis Hofmann, Jördis Triebel, Lisa Vicari, Andreas Pietschmann; Production: W&B Television GmbH & Co KG; Direction: Baran bo Odar; Costume Design: Anette Guther
- BABYLON BERLIN29. July 2019 | The exceptional success story, based on the Volker Kutscher novel "The Silent Death", returns to our TV screens with 12 new episodes at the end of 2019. Filming has now been completed and our costumes are taking part once again. With a cast the includes Volker Bruch, Liv Lisa Fries, Lars Eidinger, Hannah Herzsprung, Leonie Benesch; Production: X Filme Creative Pool GmbH; Direction: Tom Tykwer, Henk Handloegten, Achim von Borries; Costume Design: Pierre-Yves Gayraud
- DIE GESCHICHTE DES TRÜMMERMÄDCHENS CHARLOTTE SCHUMANN5. July 2019 | The award-winning screenplay by Oliver Kracht is being filmed in the studios of the Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg. The film takes place in post-war Germany and deals, in a historical context, with the still relevant topic of equal rights between men and women. Our civilian costumes support the authenticity of this era. With a cast that includes Laura Balzer, Valery Tscheplanowa, Till Wonka; Production: Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg; Direction: Oliver Kracht; Costume Design: Sabrina Krämer
- FRIEDEN2. July 2019 | The six-part drama series takes place in the spring of 1945, when Europe has finally reached an era of peace and everything points towards a new beginning. But the peace holds in store political as well as economic challenges. Our historic civilian costumes support this part of Swiss history. With a cast that includes Annina Walt, Max Hubacher, Dimitri Stapfer; Production: Zodiac Pictures Ltd, Arte; Direction: Michael Schaerer; Costume Design: Monika Schmid
- THE TURNCOAT5. June 2019 | Oscar Winner Florian Gallenberger is filming the Siegfried Lenz novel. The TV series portrays the fate of the Wehrmacht soldier and deserter Walter Proska and his love for a Polish partisan. Our costumes support this German-Polish story. With a cast that includes Jannis Niewöhner, Adam Venhaus; Production: Dreamtool Entertainment GmbH; Direction: Florian Gallenberger; Costume Design: Lisy Christl
- DIE IRRFAHRT DER ST. LOUIS4. June 2019 | In this docudrama, Ulrich Noethen slips in the uniform of Captain Gustav Schröder who, in 1939, found no port of call for the 937 Jewish refugees aboard the St. Louis. Our civilian costumes and uniforms accompany the tragic story, which marks its 80th anniversary in 2019. With a cast that includes Ulrich Noethen, Golo Euler, Britta Hammelstein, Johannes Kienast; Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Direction: Ben von Grafenstein; Costume Design: Markus Ernst
- CANNES COMPETITION 201915. May 2019 | The Studio Babelsberg co-production A HIDDEN LIFE, by multiple award-winning director and Cannes winner Terrence Malick and Academy Award-nominated costume designer Lisy Christl, will celebrate its world premiere in the competition of the 72nd Cannes International Film Festival. The film tells the true story of the Austrian Franz Jägerstätter who, for reasons of conscience, refused to serve in the Wehrmacht and was executed in 1943. As Costume House we enjoyed being part of this production and we keep our fingers crossed and wish the best success.
- KLASSENTREFFEN 2.08. May 2019 | The sequel to the comedy KLASSENTREFFEN 1.0 is in production and our contemporary costumes are participating. After their recent high school reunion, the three protagonists, in their continual chaos, finally realise what really matters in life: family, friendship and love. With a cast that includes Til Schweiger, Samuel Finzi, Milan Peschel; Production: Barefoot Productions GmbH; Direction: Til Schweiger; Costume Design: Metin Misdik
- LOLA AWARDS 20197. May 2019 | We congratulate all winners of the Deutscher Filmpreis 2019 most sincerely for their LOLA, especially Sabine Greunig for the LOLA for Best Costume Design for GUNDERMANN. Of course we are delighted that we had the opportunity to provide authentic costumes from our collection.
- DER KRIMINALIST18. April 2019 | With Christian Berkel in the leading role, the crime series continues in its 14th season with six new suspensful murder cases. Our contemporary costumes can be seen once again. With a cast that includes Antonia Holfelder, Timo Jacobs, Nils Nellessen, Johanna Polley; Production: H & V Entertainment GmbH; Direction: Thomas Roth, Filippos Tsitos; Costume Design: Petra Fichtner
- HARRY HAFT11. April 2019 | Oscar winner Barry Levinson films the life of boxer Harry Haft, who struggles to survive in Auschwitz. After escaping a death march and relocating to New York, he attempts to use his high-profile fights against legendary boxers in the hope to be reunited with his first love. Our uniforms and civilian costumes set the tone and the time of the story. With a cast that includes Ben Foster, Danny DeVito, Billy Magnussen, Vicky Krieps; Production: Pioneer Stillking Films; Direction: Barry Levinson; Costume Design: Marina Draghici
- ALTES LAND1. April 2019 | Filming begins for ZDF two-part ALTES LAND. Our costumes of the 1940s, 1950s and modern era support the story of two women spanning three generations. Based on the bestselling novel by Dörte Hansen, we get an insight into the Germany of our mothers and grandmothers, set on a farm in the picturesque ‘Altes Land’. With a cast that includes Iris Berben, Maria Ehrich, Nina Kunzendorf, Svenja Liesau; Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Direction: Sherry Hormann; Costume Design: Jessica Specker
- THE STORY OF MY WIFE20. March 2019 | An adaptation of the novel of the same name by Hungarian author Milán Füst, the story introduces Jacob Störr, who makes a bet in a café to marry the first woman who enters the place. Preparations for the filming have already begun and our beautiful costumes of the 1920s will support the atmosphere of this era. With a cast that includes Anders Baasmo Christiansen, Léa Seydoux; Production: Komplizen Film GmbH; Direction: Ildikó Enyedi; Costume Design: Andrea Flesch
- UNSERE WUNDERBAREN JAHRE4. March 2019 | Part one of the three-part television movie of Peter Prange’s book of the same name is being filmed. It focuses on the years of 1948 and 1953, the immediate post-war period with the introduction of the Deutsche Mark and the careful transition into the years also known as "Miracle on the Rhine”. Our costumes assist in the authentic setting of this story. With a cast that includes Katja Riemann, Vanessa Loibl, Anna Maria Mühe, Elisa Schlott; Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Direction: Elmar Fischer; Costume Design: Frauke Firl
- STÜRM – BIS WIR TOT SIND ODER FREI4. March 2019 | The filming of this emotional romantic drama of the 1980s is in preparation. Our costumes accompany the story of the idealistic lawyer Barbara Hug, who finds an unexpected ally in the internationally known criminal Walter Stürm, during her fight against the backward Swiss penal system. With a cast that includes Joël Basman, Marie Leuenberger; Production: Port au Prince Film & Kultur Produktion GmbH; Direction: Oliver Rihs; Costume Design: Gudrun Schretzmeier
- BERLINALE COMPETITION 20191. February 2019 | Fatih Akin's THE GOLDEN GLOVE, a film adaptation of Heinz Strunk's novel of the same name and Angela Schanelec's new film I WAS AT HOME, BUT are both in the running for the GOLDEN BEAR in the BERLINALE Competition. As costume house we were part of both productions and we keep our fingers crossed for both teams and wish them the best success.
- NEW RAMMSTEIN ALBUM25. January 2019 | It's no longer a secret - RAMMSTEIN, the world famous alternative metal band, is working on the new studio album, their first in 10 years. Five music videos will accompany the new work of the band and with the production of these videos there is a lively ambience in our costume house. Many of our costumes from different eras have already been selected. Together with the fans, we are looking forward to the release.
- FILM COSTUMES11. January 2019 | A fantastic special exhibition "CLOSE-UP: The Film Costumes of Barbara Baum". The Deutsches Filmmuseum in Frankfurt shows the life’s work of this award-winning costume designer. Most of the beautifully presented original film costumes were produced in meticulous detail in our studios. We have been working since the 1970s with Barbara Baum. Some of the costumes are now permanently integrated in the collections of the Rainer Werner Fassbinder Foundation and the Deutsche Kinemathek - Museum for Film and Television. So don’t miss it, the exhibition will still open its doors until 10th of March 2019.
- ADVENTURES OF A MATHEMATICIAN20. December 2018 | Inspired by the life of Polish mathematician Stan Ulam, director Thorsten Klein is filming his first English-language production. The story takes place in the 1930s and our costumes help create a glimpse into the past. With a cast that includes Philippe Tlokinski, Esther Garrel, Sam Keeley, Joel Basman; Production: Dragonfly Films GmbH; Direction: Thorsten Klein; Costume Design: Justyna Stolarz
- FREUD20. December 2018 | The new historical crime thriller series is set in Vienna in the late 19th century. This series provides a completely new perspective on the legendary physician - our historical costumes support the current and contemporary look. With a cast that includes Robert Finster, Ella Rumpf, Georg Friedrich; Production: Bavaria Fiction GmbH; Direction: Marvin Kren; Costume Design: Max Wahlkönig
- BABYLON BERLIN3. December 2018 | The successful historical crime-drama series has just been awarded five prizes by The German Academy for Television, including the Best Costume Design for Pierre-Yves Gayraud. Currently, the third season is being filmed, with new episodes on Commissioner Gereon Rath. Our historical uniforms and costumes are setting the scene once again. With a cast that includes Volker Bruch, Liv Lisa Fries, Gloria Endres de Oliveira, Luc Feit, Lilli Fichtner; Production: X Filme Creative Pool GmbH; Direction: Tom Tykwer, Henk Handloegten, Achim von Borries; Costume Design: Pierre-Yves Gayraud
- DIE KÄNGURU-CHRONIKEN3. December 2018 | With his "kangaroo trilogy", author and cabaret artist Marc-Uwe Kling has published three of the boldest and most entertaining books of recent years. The stories told are about a cheeky marsupial with left-wing views and a preference for liquor filled chocolates. Director Dani Levy is currently filming the first volume of the trilogy, featuring our contemporary costumes. With a cast that includes Dimitrij Schaad, Rosalie Thomass, Carmen-Maja Antoni; Production: X Filme Creative Pool GmbH; Direction: Dani Levy; Costume Design: Lucie Bates
- STULECIE WINNYCH3. December 2018 | At present we are providing costumes for the Polish television series "Centenary of the Guilty", based on the motives of the novel by Alben Grabowska. The television adaptation focuses on the fate of the Winny family from Brwinów near Warsaw. The series begins with the outbreak of the First World War and continues a hundred years to recent times - with our costumes from various periods. With a cast that includes Kinga Preis, Adam Ferency, Jan Wieczorkowski, Katarzyna Kwiatkowska; Production: Endemol Shine Polska Sp. z o.o.; Direction: Piotr Trzaskalski; Costume Design: Malgorzata Zacharska
- THE WALL1. November 2018 | The historic ZDF political drama focuses on the years 1987 to 1990 and the dramatic circumstances of the economic and moral collapse of the GDR. Our costumes support this glimpse into our younger past. With a cast that includes Barbara Auer, Nicolette Krebitz, Nadja Uhl, Oliver Masucci, Joachim Król; Production: Gabriela Sperl Produktion with Wiedemann & Berg Television; Direction: Michael Krummenacher; Costume Design: Mirjam Muschel
- CHARLIE’S ANGELS1. November 2018 | Production of the next generation of Charlie’s Angels is well underway. Elizabeth Banks' reboot of the legendary 1970s TV series and the Charlie’s Angels franchise reveals strong women, in our contemporary costumes, who rein in their male antagonists with charm, cleverness and wit. With a cast that includes Elizabeth Banks, Kirsten Stewart, Naomi Scott; Production: Brownstone Productions / Film Service Babelsberg GmbH; Direction: Elizabeth Banks; Costume Design: Betsy Heimann / Kym Barrett
- LINDENBERG! MACH DEIN DING!1. November 2018 | The biopic tells young Udo Lindenberg’s journey, who dreams of becoming a great musician. Hermine Huntgeburth covers the early fifties in the Westphalian town of Gronau until Lindenberg’s big breakthrough in 1973 in Hamburg. Our original costumes support the milieu of the music scene in these different eras. With a cast that includes Jan Bülow, Claude Albert Heinrich, Charly Hübner, Julia Jentsch; Production: Letterbox Filmproduktion GmbH; Direction: Hermine Huntgeburth; Costume Design: Sabine Böbbis
- THE MASTER BUTCHERS SINGING CLUB1. October 2018 | Filming of the ARD two-part TV movie has begun in Croatia. Star director Uli Edel stages the historical emigrant-epic, based on the bestselling novel of the same name by the American author Louise Erdrich. Our original costumes from WWI to the 1920s, as well as bespoke pieces from our in-house workshop, are part of this German-American emigrant drama. With a cast that includes Jonas Nay, Aylin Tezel and Leonie Benesch; Production: MOOVIE GmbH; Direction: Uli Edel; Costume Design: Monika Jacobs
- NARCISSUS AND GOLDMUND1. October 2018 | Academy Award winner Stefan Ruzowitzky is currently filming an adaptation of Hermann Hesse's world-renowned cult novel, which has been translated into over thirty languages and is one of Hesse’s most successful books. Our historical costumes are included in this story of two friends, who’s way of live are incredibly different from each other. With a cast that includes Sabin Tambrea, Jannis Niewöhner, André M. Hennicke und Emilia Schüle; Production: Tempest Film + Lotus Film + Mythos Film; Direction: Stefan Ruzowitzky; Costume Design: Nicole Fischnaller
- DER FALL COLLINI3. September 2018 | Subject of this new filming of a Schirach-novel is the legal scandal around the statute of limitation for those who assisted in the murderous deeds during the time of National Socialism. Our costumes support the authentic setting of this film. With a cast that includes Elyas M’Barek, Heiner Lauterbach and Alexandra Maria Lara; Production: Constantin Film; Direction: Marco Kreuzpaintner; Costume Design: Gioia Raspé
- DARK3. September 2018 | Finally, the successful netflix-series, awarded with the Grimme Prize and the Golden Camera in 2018, will continue. Supernatural time travelling catapults the leading characters, dressed in our contemporary costumes as well as our costumes of the 1950s and 1980s, from the present back to the past and into the future. With a cast that includes Louis Hofmann, Deborah Kaufmann and Sebastian Hülk; Production: Wiedemann & Berg Television GmbH & Co. KG; Direction: Baran bo Odar; Costume Design: Anette Guther
- DIE DREI AUSRUFEZEICHEN3. September 2018 | The filming for a new thriller for children and young people, featuring our contemporary costumes, has just started. With a cast that includes Jürgen Vogel, Kailas Mahedevan and Christian Skibinski; Production: Constantin Film/ Rat Pack Filmproduktion GmbH/ Westside Filmproduktion; Direction: Viviane Andereggen; Costume Design: Ute Paffendorf
- EINE FRAU AM BAUHAUS1. August 2018 | With World War I finally over, and now entitled to vote , a young female student, full of hope, begins her studies at the Bauhaus. Our costumes - of which some were bespoke-made for August Diehl - supply the TV series with authenticity. With a cast that includes Anna Maria Mühe, August Diehl and Birgit Minichmayr; Production: zero one film GmbH; Direction: Lars Kraume; Costume Design: Esther Walz
- THE GOLDEN GLOVE1. August 2018 | `The Golden Glove´ is the name of the bar where Fritz Honka found his female victims before eventually facing trial for murder in 1976. The film is based on the same-titled novel by Heinz Strunk and our 1970s costumes assist in setting an authentic scene. With a cast that includes Jonas Dassel, Dirk Böhling and Uwe Rohde; Production: Bombero International GmbH & Co KG; Direction: Fatih Akin; Costume Design: Katrin Aschendorf
- ALEXANDERPLATZ1. August 2018 | Döblin’s Franz Bieberkopf and Francis, an illegal immigrant from Africa, who tries hard to stay respectable, have nothing other in common than the fight against circumstance. Our contemporary costumes set the scene for the dramatic TV-series. With a cast that includes Welket Bungué, Albrecht A. Schuch and Jella Haase; Production: Sommerhaus Filmproduktion GmbH; Direction: Burhan Qurbani; Costume Design: Anna Wübber
- TÖDLICHE TROPFEN2. July 2018 | Rosa von Praunheim is currently filming the criminal case of the so called `darkroom-murderer´ and our contemporary costumes support the atmosphere. With a cast that includes Bardo Böhlefeld, Marina Erdmann and Henry Morales; Production: Rosa von Praunheim Filmproduktion; Direction: Rosa von Praunheim; Costume Design: Ingrid Buhrmann
- THE ABC-MURDERS2. July 2018 | The shooting of this mini TV- Series, set in 1930s England, starts right now. A big challenge for Inspector Poirot: a mysterious serial killer and the only thing that links all the murders is an ABC train timetable and our historical costumes! With a cast that includes John Malkovich, Tara Fitzgerald and Ian Pirie; Production: Mammoth Screen (ABC) Ltd.; Direction: Alex Gabassi; Costume Design: Lindsay Pugh
- IDATEN: TOKYO OLYMPIC BANASHI2. July 2018 | The Japanese television broadcaster NHK is filming a historical series about Japan‘s participation in the Olympic games and our costumes of different periods play their role. Part one shows Japan competing for the first time at the 1912 Olympic games. With a cast that includes Takeshi Kitano, Mirai Moriyama and Ryûnosuke Kamiki; Production: NHK, Hoy E Yoy Film Sweden AB; Direction: Masae Ichiki, Tsuyoshi Inoue, Takegorô Nishimura, Hitoshi Ône; Costume Design: Katja Watkins Johansson
- ALS HITLER DAS ROSA KANINCHEN STAHL1. June 2018 | Our historical costumes of the 1930s authentically set the scene for the new film of the Oscar winner Caroline Link. Judith Kerr’s WW II drama stars a cast that includes Oliver Masucci, Carla Juri and Justus von Dohnányi; Production: Sommerhaus Filmproduktion GmbH; Direction: Caroline Link; Costume Design: Barbara Grupp
- ICH WAR NOCH NIEMALS IN NEW YORK1. June 2018 | Television presenter Lisa Wartberg finds herself unwittingly on a turbulent journey to New York - accompanied by our contemporary costumes! The title refers to the same-titled musical, a homage to the work of Udo Jürgens. With a cast that includes Heike Makatsch, Moritz Bleibtreu and Katharina Thalbach; Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Direction: Philipp Stölzl; Costume Design: Nora Bates
- MAGDA MACHT DAS SCHON1. June 2018 | Our contemporary costumes can be seen once again in the third series about the Polish geriatric nurse Magda Wozniak. The televison series has been awarded the Deutsche Fernsehpreis 2018 in the category `Best Comedy Series´. With a cast that includes Verena Altenberger, Hedi Kriegeskotte and Matthias Komm; Production: Polyphon Film- und Fernsehgesellschaft mbH; Direction: Thorsten Wacker, Nico Zingelmann; Costume Design: Antje Gebauer
- MY ZOE4. May 2018 | As screenwriter and director, Julie Delpy develops a post-divorce drama into an exciting science-fiction thriller. Dressed in our contemporary costumes she also plays the lead role. With a cast that includes Julie Delpy, Daniel Brühl, Gemma Arterton; Production: Amusement Park Film GmbH; Direction: Julie Delpy; Costume Design: Nicole Fischnaller
- HEAD FULL OF HONEY4. May 2018 | In the international remake of Til Schweiger’s successful German production, Hollywood actor Nick Nolte replaces Dieter Hallervorden in the same role. Fullfilling his last wish, Tilda takes off to Venice with her slightly demented grandfather. Against this dreamlike backdrop, our historical uniform for Nick Nolte and our contemporary costumes contribute to this tragicomedy. With a cast that includes Nick Nolte, Emily Mortimer, J. David Hinze; Production: Barefoot Films GmbH; Direction: Til Schweiger; Costume Design: Metin Misdik
- CRIME SCENE CLEANER4. May 2018 | `Schotty is cleaning up again´. Currently new episodes of the Grimme Prize winning NDR-Series `Der Tatortreiniger´ are being filmed. Our contemporary costumes are part of the new season of this cult TV series. With a cast that includes Bjarne Mädel, Sandra Hüller, Olli Schulz; Production: Letterbox Filmproduktion GmbH; Direction: Arne Feldhusen; Costume Design: Sandra Fuhr
- THE SPY29. March 2018 | We are currently providing the production of this Norwegian thriller with our original 1940s costumes. Based on the true story of Scandinavia’s brightest movie star, Sonja Wigert, who risked her life during World War II as a double agent. With a cast that includes Rolf Lassgard, N.N.; Production: The Spy AS; Direction: Jens Jonsson; Costume Design: Ulrika Sjölin
- ALDI – EINE DEUTSCHE GESCHICHTE29. March 2018 | Filming has started on the ARD documentary-drama about the Aldi brothers who, over decades, have built a trading empire. The drama is set in the post-war years up until the kidnapping of Theo Albrecht in the 1970s - with our original costumes. With a cast that includes Arnd Klawitter, Peter Kurth, Christoph Bach; Production: AVE Publishing GmbH & Co. KG; Direction: Raymond Ley; Costume Design: Heike Hütt
- COUNTERPART 27. March 2018 | Lost between parallel worlds- and our contemporary costumes are immersed amid those worlds. Charles Martin is filming COUNTERPART II, the sequel of this Science Fiction Thriller, in which, during the Cold War, Americans conduct an experiment that opens a portal into a parallel dimension. This parallel dimension is identical with the real-world apart from small but subtle differences. With a cast that includes J.K. Simmons, Olivia Williams, Harry Loyd, Dieter Hallervorden; Production: Forty-first Babelsberg Film GmbH; Direction: Charles Martin; Costume Designer: Lisy Christl
- THE PURITY OF VENGEANCE7. March 2018 | Christoffer Boe is currently filming THE PURITY OF VENGEANCE, the thriller written by Danish crime author Jussi Adler-Olsen. In his fourth case, Carl Morck investigates the island of Sprogo, which is inhabited by women who were expelled from society. One of them is cruelly taking revenge on her tormentors. Our costumes from the 1960s are taking part. With a cast that includes Nikolai Lie Kaas, Fares Fares, Nicolas Bro, Fanny Bornedal; Production: Zentropa Hamburg GmbH; Direction: Christoffer Boe; Costume Design: Pernille Holm
- 4 BLOCKS7. March 2018 | 4 BLOCKS continues - Oliver Hirschbiegel and Özgür Yildirim are filming six further episodes of this TV series, about a Lebanese family clan and organized crime in Berlin-Neukölln. Drug trafficking and our contemporary costumes are right in the middle. With a cast that includes Kida Khodr Ramadan, Veysel Gelin, Almila Bagriacik, Martin Baden; Production: Wiedemann & Berg Television GmbH & Co. KG; Direction: Oliver Hirschbiegel and Özgür Yildirim; Costume Design: Silke Faber
- THE GERMAN LESSON12. February 2018 | Christian Schwochow is currently filming the same-titled novel by Siegfried Lenz, which the author published in 1968 and which is considered his most important work. The novel addresses subjects such as `Mitläufertum´, patriotism and misunderstood acquittal in the time of National Socialism. Costumes from our collection and also made-to-measure designs from our workshop for Sonja Richter (role: Gudrun Jebsen) underline the image of that era. With a cast that includes Tobias Moretti, Johanna Wokalek, Ulrich Noethen; Production: Network Movie Film- und Fernsehproduktion GmbH & Co. KG; Direction: Christian Schwochow; Costume Design: Frauke Firl
- DRAGON TATTOO – THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER‘S WEB12. February 2018 | The filming of the international co-production DRAGON TATTOO – THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER‘S WEB has begun. Our contemporary costumes are part of this sequel of the famous Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson, who sadly died in 2004. The plot focuses on the computer hacker genius Lisbeth Salander, who is on the trail of a conspiracy in which the US secret service NSA seems to be involved as well. With a cast that includes Claire Foy, Sylvia Hoeks, Vicky Krieps; Production: Filmservice Babelsberg GmbH; Direction: Fede Alvarez; Costume Design: Carlos Rosario, Nancy Steiner
- THE AFFAIR BORGWARD12. February 2018 | The story of the rise and fall of Carl F. W. Borgward is currently being filmed. The docu-drama investigates the background and circumstances of one of the most spectacular bankruptcies in German economic history. Our original costumes from the 1960s support authenticity. With a cast that includes Thomas Thieme, André Klöhn, Dirk Böhling; Direction: Marcus O. Rosenmüller; Production: Cinecentrum Hamburg German Society for Film and Television Production mbH; Costume Design: Majie Pötschke
- BEAT5. January 2018 | While filming the 7-part Warner TV series, the Berlin club scene becomes an impressive showcase for our contemporary costumes. With a cast that includes Karoline Herfurt, Jannis Niewöhner, Alexander Fehling and Karl Markovics; Production: Hellinger / Doll Filmproduktion GmbH; Direction: Marco Kreuzpaintner; Costume Design: Gioia Raspé
- KORONA KRÓLÓW – CROWN OF THE KINGS5. January 2018 | Our historical costumes set the scene in this medieval series for the Polish television which tells the story of the dramatic power struggle of the Polish King Kazimir the Great (1310-1370). With a cast that includes Mateusz Król, Wiesław Wójcik, Halina Łabonarska and Marta Bryła; Production: Drogi Wolnósci; Direction: Wojciech Pacyna; Costume Design: Elżbieta Radke
- BADEHOTELLET13. December 2017 | The Danish television series revolves around the fateful connection of the biographies of the chambermaid Fie, the merchant’s daughter Amanda and the local fisherman Morten. While the world outside falls apart during the years of 1928-33 our historical costumes support the dramatic atmosphere in the seaside hotel. With a cast that includes Rosalinde Mynster, Bodil Jørgensen and Lars Ranthe; Production: S F Studios Production Aps; Direction: Fabian Wullenweber; Costume Design: Margrethe Rassmussen
- LARA13. December 2017 | The tragicomedy directed by OH BOY Director Jan-Ole Gerster shows the conflict between a mother and her son. Our contemporary costumes support the dramatic development. With a cast that includes Tom Schilling, Susanne Bredehöft, Steffen C. Jürgens and Hildegard Schroedter; Production: Schiwago Film GmbH und Leuchtstoff (Initiative of RBB and Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg); Direction: Jan-Ole Gerster; Costume Design: Anette Guther
- DIE AUFERSTEHUNG13. December 2017 | The drama tells the story about four grown up siblings quarrelling with each other and with the caretaker of their deceased father about their inheritance. Our contemporary costumes support the actors in portraying their characters. With a cast that includes Leslie Malton, Joachim Król, Dominik Raacke and Matthieu Carrière; Production: EIKON Media GmbH; Direction: Nikolaus „Niki“ Stein von Kamienski; Costume Design: Susanne Fiedler
- YOU ARE WANTED 215. November 2017 | Matthias Schweighöfer’s thriller series will continue for a second season. The series started on Amazon Video in March 2017 as the first German in-house production for an international streaming provider. Our contemporary costumes are also part of the second season. With a cast that includes Jessica Schwarz, Hannah Hoekstra and US-American Michael Landes; Production: Pantaleon Films GmbH; Direction: Matthias Schweighöfer und Bernhard Jasper; Costume Design: Metin Misdik
- DIE SPEZIALISTEN 3 - IM NAMEN DER OPFER15. November 2017 | The TV series recounts stories within the Interdisciplinary Investigation Commission (IEK) of the Criminal Investigation Division in Berlin, about medical examiner Dr. Katrin Stoll and detective chief superintendent Mirko Kiefer, who reopen unresolved criminal cases due to new evidence. Our contemporary costumes and historic costumes -in the recaps- are part of season 3. With a cast that includes Valerie Niehaus, David Rott and Matthias Weidenhöfer; Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Direction: Henning Backhaus; Costume Design: Daniela Thomas
- AENNE BURDA - DIE WIRTSCHAFTSWUNDERFRAU15. November 2017 | The ARD Mini-Series about publisher Aenne Burda is currently being filmed. With "Burda Moden", the magazine which also included cutting patterns, Aenne Burda made fashionable clothing affordable for every woman from 1950s onwards. The film focuses on the years between 1949 and 1954, the time when Aenne Burda (1909-2005) grew from being the wife of a publisher into a major publisher herself. Our costumes underline the era during these post-war years. With a cast that includes Katharina Wackernagel, Fritz Karl, Luise Wolfram; Production: Polyphon Pictures GmbH; Direction: Franziska Meletzky; Costume Design: Katharina Ost
- GUNDERMANN30. October 2017 | Andreas Dresen’s new film portrays the life of the legendary singer-songwriter and excavator driver from the Lusation brown-coal mining area. Gundermann (1955-1998) was an excavator in surface mining, at the same time he developed his art and performed with his band in the evenings. Our costumes support the journey through this East German biography. With a cast that includes Benjamin Felix Kramme, Alexander Scheer, Anna Unterberger, Eva Weißenborn; Production: Pandora Film Produktion GmbH; Direction: Andreas Dresen; Costume Design: Sabine Greunig
- DER TRAFIKANT30. October 2017 | In the screen adaptation of Robert Seethaler’s moving and successful novel, the period atmosphere is underpinned by our costumes. In 1937 seventeen-year-old Franz Huchel leaves his home village to try his luck in Vienna. During his journey he meets Sigmund Freud with whom he develops a rare friendship, and cabaret dancer Anezka with whom he falls in love. Severe political and social changes force him to change his view on life fundamentally. With a cast that includes Simon Morzé, Bruno Ganz, Liliane Amuat, Johannes Krisch; Production: Trenkwalder & Partner Service Production SRL; Direction: Nikolaus Leytner; Costume Design: Catarina Czepek
- WIE ICH LERNTE, BEI MIR SELBST KIND ZU SEIN4. October 2017 | The twelve-year-old Paul Silberstein is an offspring of a mysterious, old Austrian confectioner dynasty. In Austria in the late 1950s he discovers the power of love and humour, and furhermore, his ability for creating his very own reality. Our costumes are shown in this movie version, which is based on the story with autobiographic scences of André Heller. With a cast that includes Nicholas Ofczarek, Karl Markovics, Sabine Timoteo, Udo Samel; Production: DOR Filmproduktionsgesellschaft mbH; Direction: Rupert Hennig; Costume Design: Christine Ludwig
- BELLA GERMANIA4. October 2017 | From the German economic miracle to the presence: Uniforms and civil costumes from our collection are shown in this German-Italian family story, which is adapted from a novel by Daniel Speck. The 3-episode series draws a bow from first Italian guest workers in the 60s and their way from being foreign guests to becoming familiar neighbours nowadays. With a cast that includes Joachim Bißmeier, Christoph Letkowski, Stefan Kurt, Marleen Lohse, Kostja Ullmann; Production: Bavaria Fernsehproduktion GmbH; Direction: Gregor Schnitzler; Costume Design: Esther Amuser
- DEUTSCHLAND 8613. September 2017 | The filming of the second season and sequel of DEUTSCHLAND 83, which was honoured with an EMMY as the best TV drama series in 2016, has begun in South Africa. Also in this season the atmosphere of the 80s is supported by our civil costumes and uniforms. In the new episodes, the story of the East German agent Martin and his comrades of the foreign intelligence service of the GDR is continued and recounts their experiences in 1986. With a cast that includes Jonas Nay, Sylvester Groth, Maria Schrader, Uwe Preuss; Production: Ufa Fiction GmbH; Direction: Florian Cossen, Arne Feldhusen; Costume Design: Monika Jacobs
- 25 KM/H13. September 2017 | At present the shooting of this comedy with a star-studded cast takes place. Two brothers, with most different life plans, go on a madly trip through Germany where some adventures awaits them. Civil costumes and diverse traditional costumes from our collection are shown in this production. With a cast that includes Lars Eidinger, Bjarne Mädel, Sandra Hüller, Alexandra Maria Lara, Wotan Wilke Möhring; Production: Sunny Side Up GmbH; Direction: Markus Goller; Costume Design: Ramona Klinikowski
- ETHER28. August 2017 | The Polish director Krzysztof Zanussi picturizes the project ETHER, which is referring to Faust. The movie plays around 1900 and deals with the story of a military doctor who uses medical experiments to gain power over people. With a cast that includes Jacek Poniedziałek, Andrzej Chyra and Małgorzata Pritulak; Production: Studio Filmowe TOR; Direction: Krzysztof Zanussi; Costume Design: Katarzyna Lewinska
- SUOMEN HAUSKIN MIES28. August 2017 | With black sense of humour this Finnish movie tells the story of a group of prisoners from the Red Army. While awaiting their execution they prepare a comedy to entertain the German guards and their commandeur. We delivered uniforms from World War I for this project. With a cast that includes Martti Suosalo; Production: Inland Film Company Oy; Direction: Heikki Kujanpää; Costume Design: Marjatta Nissinen
- DAS BOOT4. August 2017 | In our studio we create historic, tailor-made costumes for the GAME OF THRONES actor Tom Wlaschiha, who will show up in the new Sky-series. For the sequel of Wolfgang Petersens blockbuster about a German submarine crew during World War II, we provide civil costumes and uniforms from our collection. With a cast that includes Rick Okon, Rainer Bock and Vicky Krieps; Production: Bavaria Fernsehproduktion GmbH; Direction: Andreas Prochaska; Costume Design: Chattoune
- THE SPY WHO DUMPED ME4. August 2017 | With hints to the James Bond movie THE SPY WHO LOVED ME the filming of this action comedy takes place. Contemporary costumes from our collection like The German Federal Armed Force, Berlin police, fire brigade and paramedics are featured in this production. With a cast that includes Mila Kunis, Kate McKinnon and Sam Heughan; Production: Spinel Films KFT; Direction: Susanna Fogel; Costume Design: Alex Bovaird
- ICH UND R4. August 2017 | This satire is a fictive story based on the life of the fashion designer Rudolph Moshammer. Our high-class designer costumes support the look of the Munich high society in the 80s. With a cast that includes Thomas Schmauser, Hannelore Elsner and Sunnyi Melles; Production: Producers at Work GmbH; Direction: Alexander Adolph; Costume Design: Martina Müller
- FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM 217. July 2017 | The costume designer and multiple Academy Award winner Colleen Atwood visited us and selected historical costumes and navy uniforms from our collection for her new project. With a cast that includes Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Katherine Waterston; Production: Triton Films Ltd; Direction: David Yates; Costume Designer: Colleen Atwood
- DER JUNGE MUSS AN DIE FRISCHE LUFT17. July 2017 | Under the direction of Oscar-winner Caroline Link the screen adaption of the eponymous novel written by Harpe Kerkeling is in progress. Our costumes underline the authenticity of the retrospects into different decades. With a cast that includes Julius Weckauf, Joachim Król and Maren Kroymann; Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Direction: Caroline Link; Costume Designer: Barbara Grupp
- ACHT TAGE17. July 2017 | The new Sky-series shows the last eight days of mankind and is filmed, amongst others, by the Oscar-winning director Stefan Ruzowitzky. Our contemporary costumes are featured in this production and contribute to the apocalyptic mood. With a cast that includes Christiane Paul, Mark Waschke and Devid Striesow; Production: NEUESUPER GmbH & Co. KG; Direction: Stefan Ruzowitzky and Michael Krummenacher; Costume Designer: Max Wohlkönig
- KU’DAMM 5923. June 2017 | The successful ZDF three-part-series "Ku'damm 56" is being continued. Our 1950s costumes and uniforms accompany the continuous life journey of Caterina Schöllack and her three daughters, who have to hold their ground during the period of ‘Economic Miracle’ in a restrictive German society. With a cast that includes Sonja Gerhardt, Emilia Schüle, Maria Ehrich, Claudia Michelsen; Production: UFA FICTION GmbH; Direction: Sven Bohse; Costume Design: Maria Schicker
- GENIUS23. June 2017 | National Geographic's first series, focuses on Nobel Prize-winning physicist Albert Einstein. Based on Walter Isaacson’s acclaimed and best-selling book, Einstein: His Life and Universe, GENIUS follows the brilliant scientist through the ups and downs of his life, from failing to get his doctorate to developing the general theory of relativity. For this production we provided, amongst other costumes, First World War uniforms. With a cast that includes Johnny Flynn, Geoffrey Rush, Emily Watson; Production: Fox 21 Television Studios; Direction: Ron Howard, Kenneth Biller; Costume Design: Martina Hejlová
- TRAUTMANN23. June 2017 | Dressed in our 1940s to 1960s civilian costumes the film tells the story of Bernd Trautmann whose love for football, for England and for the love of his life, Margaret saw him rise from Nazi to british hero. He won over even his harshest opponents by winning the legendary FA Cup Final for Manchester City in 1956 - playing on with a broken neck to secure victory, which led him to being celebrated all across England. With a cast that includes David Kross, John Henshaw, Freya Mavor; Production: Lieblingsfilm GmbH; Direction: Marcus H. Rosenmüller; Costume Design: Anke Winckler
- Brecht22. May 2017 | The multi-award-winning author and director Heinrich Breloer depicts in this documentary drama, the first comprehensive film portrait of the poet in a contemporary context. Brecht was born in 1898 in Augsburg and died in 1956 in East Berlin. Our costumes from these eras are part of this production. With a cast that includes Burghart Klaußner, Adele Neuhauser, Maximilian Klas; Production: Bavaria Filmproduktion GmbH Köln; Direction: Heinrich Breloer; Costume Design: Ute Paffendorf
- The Resistance Banker22. May 2017 | Our 1930s original costumes are part of this film, which is based on the amazing story of the Dutch banker Walraven (Wally) van Hall who, in the Second World war, became known as a "Resistance Banker". Van Hall's story is one of the most impressive resistance stories from that period. With a cast that includes Barry Atsma, Jochum ten Haaf, Jacob Derwig; Production: NL Film en TV B.V.; Direction: Joram Lürsen; Costume Design: Bho Roosterman
- Murer22. May 2017 | Christian Frosch reveals the court case of 1963, about the Graz-based politician Franz Murer, who was responsible for the Vilnius ghetto. Our 1960s costumes support the drama’s authenticity. With a cast that includes Karl Fischer, Alexander E. Fennon, Roland Jaeger; Production: Prisma Film- & Fernsehproduktion GmbH; Direction: Christian Frosch; Costume Design: Alfred Mayerhofer
- Weissensee24. April 2017 | Filming begins for season four of this award-winning series, location is East Berlin 1990. After the collapse of the GDR regime, the members of the Kupfer family have to re-position themselves, our costumes of this time period support the authenticicity. With a cast that includes Florian Lukas, Ziva-Marie Fraske, Lisa Wagner; Production: Ziegler Film GmbH & Co. KG; Direction: Friedmann Fromm; Costume Design: Monika Hinz
- Berlin Station24. April 2017 | The second season of the successful US-American espionage series about the CIA agent Daniel Miller, is currently being filmed in Berlin – supplied with our contemporary costumes. With a cast that includes Richard Armitage, Michelle Forbes, Rhys Ifans; Production: Neununddreissigste Babelsberg Film GmbH; Direction: John David Coles; Costume Design: Nicole Fischnaller
- Counterpart24. April 2017 | For the 10-episode US-American Sci-Fi-Thriller TV series, we are currently supplying various contemporary costumes and uniforms.With a cast that includes J. K. Simmons, Olivia Williams, Harry Lloyd; Production: Company Prime, LLC, Studio Babelsberg Motion Pictures GmbH; Direction: Morten Tyldum, Alik Sakharon; Costume Design: Mila Hermanovski, Sparka Lee Hall
- THE CROWN18. March 2017 | Love, passion and intrigue are key elements in this portrayal of the Royal Family- Our costumes are part of this GOLDEN GLOBE winning hit series. With a cast that includes Claire Foy, Matt Smith and Vanessa Kirby; Production: Netflix; Direction: Stephen Daldry et al.; Costume Design: Michele Clapton, Timothy Everest
- 18 - CLASH OF FUTURES18. March 2017 | After the great success of 14 – DIARIES OF THE GREAT WAR, season 2 with 8 new episodes is currently in production. This international coproduction focuses on the fate of extraordinary children, women and men from nine different European nations and is equipped with our costumes and uniforms from 1918 to 1929. With a cast that includes Joel Basmann, Roxane Dunen and Marija Mauer; Production: LOOKS Film & TV GmbH; Direction: Jan Peter, Gunnar Dedio; Costume Design: Uli Simon
- Gorillas18. March 2017 | Detlev Buck stages this sharp short story from Ferdinand von Schirach about a young man who is tired of being his bosses’ henchman. Our cotemporary costumes underline the characters in this production. With a cast that includes Jannis Niewöhner and Samuel Schneider; Production: Olga Film GmbH; Direction: Detlev Buck; Costume Design: Ingken Benesch
- Das schweigende Klassenzimmer20. February 2017 | After holding a spontaneous “minute of silence” in honor of the victims of the Hungarian uprising, a whole class of graduates gets caught in the political mills of the GDR. Our costumes from the 1950s are part of this adaptation of this true story about courage and cohesion. With a cast that includes Leonard Scheicher, Jonas Dassler and Florian Lukas. Production: Akzente Film & Fernsehproduktion GmbH; Direction: Lars Kraume; Costume Design: Esther Walz
- Mittelreich20. February 2017 | He’d have rather been an artist, but now young Pankraz is forced to take over his paternal heritage in the foothills of the Bavarian Alps. Our costumes from various eras authenticate the fate of this family, spanning over three generations. With a cast that includes Martina Gedeck, Josef Bierbichler and Jim Hermann; Production: X Filme Creative Pool GmbH; Direction: Josef Bierbichler; Costume Design: Katharina Ost
- Brechts Dreigroschenfilm20. February 2017 | At the end of this adaptation of Bertolt Brecht’s world-famous “The Threepenny opera (Dreigroschenoper)” the robbers become investment bankers – it’s likely that Bertold Brecht would have staged the screen adaptation exactly like this. Our costumes are featured in this rendition. With a cast that includes Lars Eidinger, Hannah Herzsprung and Joachim Król; Production: Zeitsprung Pictures GmbH; Direction: Joachim Lang; Costume Design: Lucia Faust
- The Aftermath17. January 2017 | In post-war Hamburg, a British occupation officer and his wife move into a mansion on Elbchaussee, which they from then on share with the widowed German owner, leading to tension. This melodrama directed by James Kent, features numerous of our civil costumes and uniforms from the 1930s. With a cast that includes Keira Knightley, Alexander Skarsgård and Jason Clarke; Production: Amusement Park Film GmbH; Direction: James Kent; Costume Design: Bojana Nikitovic
- Aus dem Nichts17. January 2017 | Hollywood actress Diane Kruger takes the lead in this German production, adapted by renowned director Fatih Akin. The film follows the narrative of a young woman who loses both her husband and son in a racially motivated bombing. Various costumes including modern court robes are supplied by us. With a cast that includes Diane Kruger, Numan Acar and Denis Moschitto; Direction: Fatih Akin; Costume Design: Katrin Aschendorf
- Hot Dog16. December 2016 | This new action comedy is currently being filmed in Germany. The story about the rescue of the daughter of the Moldovan ambassador promises chaos, intrigues, lies and a popular German cast. Our contemporary uniforms and costumes are part of this production. With a cast that includes Til Schweiger, Matthias Schweighöfer and Heino Ferch; Direction: Torsten Künstler; Costume Design: Metin Misdik
- 3 TAGE IN QUIBERON16. December 2016 | Bretagne, 1981: Romy Schneider meets her childhood friend Hilde, journalist Michael Jürgs and photographer Robert Lebeck in a sanatorium. In three days full of passion, ambition and desire, Schneider’s last interview is completed. Numerous costumes from the 1980s underlines this emotional encounter. With a cast that includes Marie Bäumer, Birgit Minichmayr und Charly Hübner, Direction: Emily Atef; Costume Design: Janina Audick
- Dark19. November 2016 | Theaterkunst is part of the first Netflix Original Series produced in Germany. DARK features a mysterious family saga about two missing children in a small town in Germany. Ten episodes are currently being filmed in Berlin. Theaterkunst delivers various uniforms and several costumes from different époques. With a cast that includes Anatole Taubman, Oliver Masucci and Mark Waschke; Production: Dark Series GmbH; Direction: Baran bo Odar; Costume Design: Anette Guther
- Suspects18. November 2016 | British hit series SUSPECTS surrounding the everyday life of a team of investigators is currently being adapted for German audiences. In the first season of the crime series filmed in documentary style, our contemporary costumes and workwear is featured. With a cast that includes Sebastian Achilles, Nela Bartsch and Holger Doellmann; Production: UFA SERIAL DRAMA GmbH; Direction: miscellaneous; Costume Design: Kerstin Viot
- Credo18. November 2016 | The new Euro-production of director Christian Schwochow gives us an insight into a world of high finance, in which young investment banker Jana finds herself in an intrigue between two high street banks and an impending bank crash. Various designer pieces and civilian costumes are from our collection. With a cast that includes mit Patrick Dewayne, Johanna Polley and Canan Suvatlar; Production: Letterbox Filmproduktion GmbH; Direction: Christian Schwochow; Costume Design: Frauke Firl
- Mute18. October 2016 | Berlin in the year of 2052: Alexander Skarsgård plays the role of a mute bartender who is searching for his missing partner and has to go up against the city’s two gangsters to do so. Under the direction of Duncan Jones this international Sci-Fi Thriller is currently being filmed in Berlin. Our futuristic costumes are onboard. With a cast that includes Alexander Skarsgård, Paul Rudd und Justin Theroux; Production: Studio Babelsberg; Direction: Duncan Jones; Costume Designer: Ruth Myers
- Jim Button and Luke the Engine Driver18. October 2016 |
Morrowland in Berlin: The adaptation of Michael Ende’s popular children’s novel will start filming in October in Studio Babelsberg. Hollywood actress Shirley MacLaine will star as the villain Mrs. Grindtooth. Our costumes from dofferent epoques and countries are part of this production and ready to be filmed. With a cast that includes Shirley MacLaine, Solomon Gordon and Henning Baum; Production: Rat Pack Filmproduktion GmbH; Direction: Dennis Gansel; Costume Designer: Ute Paffendorf
- Tatortreiniger19. September 2016 |
Good news for fans of the popular German comedy series: a new season of TATORTREINIGER is in the making. The three new episodes of the season include our contemporary costumes. With a cast that includes Bjarne Mädel, Sandra Hüller and Sebastian Blomberg; Production: Letterbox Filmproduktion GmbH; Direction: Arne Feldhusen; Costume Designer: Sabine Keller
- Honigfrauen19. September 2016 |
At Lake Balaton, a story of summer, sunshine and longing is in the making: HONIGFRAUEN tells the story two sisters in the summer of 1986 on their first holiday out of the GDR at Lake Balaton. Little do they know that they are being watched by the Stasi. The GDR costumes from the 1980s are delivered by Theaterkunst. With a cast that includes Sonja Gerhardt, Cornelia Gröschel and Anja Kling; Production: Franks Movie Management GmbH; Direction: Ben Verbong; Costume Designer: Maria Schicker
- Die Freibadclique19. September 2016 | Renowned director and screenwriter Friedemann Fromm tells the story of a group of teenage boys and a summer to remember after the war. The film is based on popular German novel written by Oliver Storz. Numerous of our original costumes from the 1940s are part of this production as well as our tailor-made evening gowns for actress Vica Kerekes. With a cast that includes Vica Kerekes, Laurenz Lerch, Christoph Hufenbecher; Production: Zieglerfilm Baden-Baden; Direction: Friedemann Fromm; Costume Designer: Mirjam Muschel
- Gladbeck15. August 2016 | The hostage drama which took place in Gladbeck in 1988 is currently in the making by Kilian Riedhof. This TV production about the bank robbery itself as well as the hostage situation, the reaction of the media and the arrest is supported by our costumes from the 1980s. U.a. with Zsa Zsa, Inci Buerkle, Arnd Klawitter and Martin Wuttke; Direction: Kilian Riedhof; Production: Ziegler Film GmbH & Co. KG; Costume Designer: Kristin Schuster
- Es war einmal Indianerland15. August 2016 | Regisseur Ilker Çatak, der erst letztes Jahr den Studenten-Oscar gewonnen hat, verfilmt gerade das nächste spannende Projekt: der preisgekrönte Jugendroman „ES WAR EINMAL INDIANERLAND“ handelt von Mausers turbulenten Sommer und mysteriöse Begegnungen mit einem Indianer. Unsere Kostüme sind Teil dieses Abenteuers. U.a. mit Leonard Scheicher, Emilia Schüle, Johanna Polley; Produktion: Riva Filmproduktion GmbH; Regie: Ilker Çatak; Kostümbild: Sabine Bockmeyer
- Sense 821. July 2016 | The second season of the US hit series is about to air. Our futuristic costumes and accessories are part of this Netflix production. With a cast that includes Toby Onwumere, Doona Bae and Jamie Clayton; Production: Georgeville Films, Studio Babelsberg Motion Pictures GmbH; Direction: Lana Wachowski; Costume Designer: Polly Matthies
- Toni Erdmann21. June 2016 | Critically acclaimed comedy TONI ERDMANN was chosen to kick off this year’s Film Festival in Munich. The film about dynamics between different generations was previously shown at the Festival de Cannes this year and won the critics' choice award of the international film press. Our costumes underline the different characters. With a cast that includes Sandra Hüller, Peter Simonischek and Radu Banzaru; Production: Komplizen Film GmbH; Direction: Maren Ade; Costume Designer: Gitti Fuchs
- You Are Wanted21. June 2016 | YOU ARE WANTED is the first German series exclusively made as part of Amazon Original series. In this thriller, a man’s life is turned upside down by a hacker attack, causing his identity to be overwritten. Our costumes are part of this gripping new thriller. With a cast that includes Alexandra Maria Lara, Karoline Herfurth and Tom Beck. Production: Pantaleon Films GmbH; Direction: Matthias Schweighöfer; Costume Designer: Metin Misdik
- 55 Steps12. May 2016 | Based on a true story, award-winning director Bille August is currently filming this story about Eleanore Riese and her fight for the right to bodily autonomy in a psychiatric institution in 1980s. For this production we are proud to deliver various costumes in the style of the époque. With a cast that includes Helena Bonham Carter, Hilary Swank, Jeffrey Tambor; Production: Elsani Film; Direction: Billie August; Costume Design: Charlotte Willems
- Werk ohne Autor11. May 2016 | Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck directs this drama about an artist who creates as a means to process his experiences during the Nazi and East German regimes. With our original period costumes. With a cast that includes Sebastian Koch, Tom Schilling, Rainer Bock, Paula Beer, Saskia Rosendahl; Production: Wiedemann & Berg Film GmbH & Co. KG; Costume Design: Gabriele Binder.
- Tom of Finland11. May 2016 | Tom of Finland is one of Finland’s best known artist; his homo erotic illustrations are a symbol to the homosexual movement. Our various milieu costumes from different époques are part of this production. With a cast that includes Pekka Strang, Werner Daehn, Jessica Grabowsky; Production: Neutrinos Productions; Direction: Dome Karukoski; Costume Design: Anna Vilpunnen
- The Strain22. March 2016 | We deliver original uniforms for this American vampire TV series, created by Guillermo del Toro und Chuck Hogan, based on their novel trilogy of the same name. With a cast that includes Corey Stoll, David Bradley, Mia Maestro, Kevin Durand, Jonathan Hyde, and Richard Sammel; Production: FX Productions; Costume Design: Luis Sequira.
- Babylon Berlin10. March 2016 | Currently in preproduction in our atelier is the international TV series about life in Berlin during the 1920s. Based on the successful best selling series of books by Volker Kutscher, the cast includes Volker Bruch and Liv Lisa Fries. Production: X Film Creative Pool; Direction: Tom Tykwer, Achim von Borries, Hendrik Handloegten; Costume Design: Pierre-Yves Gayraud.
- Landgericht10. February 2016 | For the film version of the book by the same name, we are supplying both original historic costumes from the 1930s through the 1950s as well as custom-made pieces from our atelier. With a cast that includes Roland Zehrfeld, Johanna Wokalek, Felix Klare, Ulrike Kriener and, Christian Berkel. Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Direction: Matthias Glasner; Costume Design: Wiebke Kratz.
- Music, War and Love14. January 2016 | A film with an international cast and with our costumes of the 30s and 40s, including evening wear, civilian costumes and uniforms; with Adelaide Clemens, Leo Sutter, Stellan Skarsgård, Connie Nielsen, Stephen Dorff; Production: Horus Zigniew Raczynski Spolka Komandytowa; Director: Martha Colldige; Costum Design Ela Radke.
- Vier gegen die Bank15. December 2015 | "Das Boot" director Wolfgang Petersen turns out a remake of his own made-for-television comedy thriller of 1976 – with our contemporary costumes. Cast includes Till Schweiger, Bully Herbig, Jan Josef Liefers, Matthias Schweighöfer; Production: Helling / Doll Filmproduktion GmbH; Director: Wolfgang Petersen; Costume Design: Metin Misdik.
- Berlin Station10. December 2015 | We deliver the costumes for the principal characters and extras for the new American TV espionage series centered around a CIA agent. With a cast that includes Richard Armitage, Michelle Forbes, Richard Jenkins, Richard Dillane, and Bernhard Schütz; Production: 36th Babelsberg Film GmbH; Director: Michael Roskan; Costum Design: Nicole Fischnaller.
- Kundschafter des Friedens1. December 2015 | This secret agent comedy, based on a former East German spy, is costumed with our pieces and uniforms. Cast includes Henry Hübchen, Michael Gwisdek, Thomas Thieme, Winfried Glatzeder, and Jürgen Prochnow. Production: Kundschafter Filmproduktion GmbH; Director: Robert Thalheim; Costume Design: Ute Paffendorf.
- Charité2. November 2015 | The location is Berlin in 1881 for this 6-part mini-series about the most famous hospital in the world, which was costumed with our historic pieces. The cast includes Maximilian Meyer-Bretschneider, Alicia von Rittberg, Christoph Bach, Ernst Stötzner, and Justus von Dohnányi. Production by UFA Fiction GmbH; Direction by Sönke Wortmann, Costume Design by Esther Walz.
- Tschick2. November 2015 | Based on Wolfgang Herrndorf’s bestselling novel of the same name about two outsiders who take a road trip together – in the appropriate costumes from our collection. Starring Tristan Göbel, Anand Batbileg, and Nicole Mercedes Müller. Production by Lago Film GmbH, Direction by Fatih Akin, Costumes by Anna Wübber.
- Timm Thaler2. November 2015 | We delivered numerous modern costumes for the filming of the classic children’s book. With a cast that includes Justus von Dohnányi, Charly Hübner, and Axel Prahl. Production by Constantin Film Produktion GmbH, Direction by Andreas Dresen, and Costume Design by Sabine Greunig.
- The Dasslers16. September 2015 | A film about the rise of Addidas and Puma – costumed with pieces from our collection from different historical epochs; with Hannah Herzsprung, Christian Friedel, Hanno Koffler, Joachim Król, Alina Levshin. Production: Wiedemann & Berg Television GmbH; Direction: Cyryll Boss, Philipp Steinert; Costume Design: Gabriele Binder.
- The Kaiser’s Last Kiss16. September 2015 | For this love story, set during the Second World War, we made costumes for the Oscar-prize-winner Christopher Plummer, as well as for other roles. Numerous pieces from the 1940s were also sourced from our collection for the shoot in Belgium. Cast includes Jai Courtney, Christopher Plummer, Lily James; Production: Umedia; Direction: David Leveaux; Costume Design: Daniela Ciancio.
- Homeland16. September 2015 | For the prize-winning US series about CIA analyst Carrie Mathison, we delivered contemporary costumes, uniforms and accessories. Starring Claire Danes, Laila Robins, Tracy Letts, and Rupert Friend; Production: 34th Babelsberg Film GmbH; Direction: various; Costumes: Katina Le Kerr.
- Ku'damm 5617. August 2015 | We delivered racks of original costumes for this TV series about the miraculous economic growth in West Berlin during the 1950s. With a cast that includes Maria Ehrich, Claudia Michaelsen, Heino Ferch, and Uwe Ochsenknecht. Direction: Sven Bohse; Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Costume Design: Maria Schicker.
- Captain America (Sputnik)17. August 2015 | We provided contemporary costumes and uniforms for the filming of the superhero's story, based on the Marvel comic series. The cast includes Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans. Production: Dreissigste Babelsberg Film GmbH; Direction: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo; Costume Design: Judianna Makovsky.
- Die Blumen von gestern27. July 2015 | This film is a grotesque comedy and an unsparing analysis of how to deal with the German Nazi past. Cast includes Lars Eidinger, Adèle Haenel, Hannah Herzsprung, Jan Josef Liefers. Production: Dor Film West GmbH; Direction: Chris Kraus; Costume Design: Gioia Raspé.
- Brimstone27. July 2015 | For this Western thriller, with a cast that includes Dakota Fanning, Robert Pattinson, Mia Wasikowska, Guy Pearce, and Carice van Houten, we delivered costumes from the turn-of-the-century. Production: X Filme Creative Pool GmbH; Direction: Martin Koolhoven; Costume Design: Ellen Lens.
- Nebel im August27. July 2015 | This is the first feature film about euthanasia in the Third Reich which is additionally based on a true story. We delivered original costumes from the 1930s and 1940s for both children and adults. With a cast that includes David Bennent, Fritzi Haberlandt, Sebastian Koch; Production: collina Filmproduktion GmbH; Directed by Kai Wessel, Costume Design: Esther Amuser.
- LOLA 201522. June 2015 | Theaterkunst is part of the LOLAs (German Film Awards) and nominations in the category of Costume Design! The special lifetime achievement award was presented to costume designer Barbara Baum; the designer has worked closely with our company for her entire career. The LOLA for Best Costume Design was awarded to Barbara Grupp for DIE GELIEBTEN SCHWESTERN. We created costumes for the lead actor Florian Stetter and provided costumes from our collection for other cast members and extras. Additionally, in the nominated films THE CUT (Costume Design: Katrin Aschendorf) and ELSER – ER HÄTTE DIE WELT VERÄNDERT (Costume Design: Bettina Marx), Theaterkunst constructed costumes for the main characters and provided numerous costumes from the collection for other cast members.
- Alone in Berlin22. April 2015 | For the filming of the novel by Hans Fallada, "Jeder Stirbt für sich Allein", we constructed the costumes for the leading actor Brendan Gleeson and delivered other 1940s period pieces from our collection. With Emma Thompson and Daniel Brühl in further roles, Production: X-Filme Creative Pool GmbH; Direction: Vincent Perez; Costume Design: Nicole Fischnaller.
- The Puppeteer22. April 2015 | The filming of the historical novel about the Fuggers, a Swabian merchant family, was costumed with pieces from our Renaissance clothing collection. We constructed historically accurate pieces for the lead actor Herbert Knaup. Production: Ziegler Film GmbH; Direction: Rainer Kaufmann; Costume Design: Lucie Bates.
- Before the Morning Red Sky22. April 2015 | We costumed the international co-production about the life of the Austrian writer and pacifist Stefan Zweig, with costumes from the 1940s. With Josef Hader, Barbara Sukowa, Matthias Brandt. Production: X-Filme Creative Pool GmbH; Direction: Maria Schrader; Costumes: Jürgen Doering.
- The Grand Budapest Hotel24. February 2015 | We congratulate the film on its four Oscar awards, including the Oscar for Best Costume Design (Milena Canonero) – with our costumes. Cast includes Ralph Fiennes, Saoirse Ronan, Jude Law, Bill Murray. Direction: Wes Anderson; Production: Neunzehnte Babelsberg Film GmbH.
- The Lion Girl28. January 2015 | The costuming for the adaptation of this novel of the same name by Erik Fosnes Hansen is currently in the works at Theaterkunst. The film takes place during the beginning of the 20th century and is a Norwegian-German coproduction. Starring Rolf Lasgaard, Ulrich Tukur, Mads Mikkelsen. Production by Gifted Films West GmbH; Direction by Vibeke Idsoe; Costume Design by Frauke Firl.
- Colonia28. January 2015 | We delivered the many costumes and custom-made suits for Emma Watson in this thriller about the German commune Colonia Dignidad in Chile from the 1970s to the 1990s. With a cast that includes Emma Watson, Daniel Bruehl, Michael Nyqvist. Production by Majestic Filmproduktion GmbH; Direction by Florian Gallenberger; Costume Design by Nicole Fischnaller.
- The Strain28. January 2015 | We supplied the costumes for the American vampire series based on the trilogy of novels of the same name. With Corey Stoll, Sean Astin, David Bradley and Mia Maestro. Production by Strain Can Productions; Direction by Guillermo del Torro; Costume Design by Luis Sequeira.
- Theaterkunst on Facebook4. December 2014 | You can now find us on Facebook. Friend us on Facebook and automatically receive news and updates from our costume collection and the current productions that we are working on.
- St. James Place4. December 2014 | We outfitted this spy thriller from Steven Spielberg with suitable costumes. The movie is set in Cold War Berlin during the 1960s and stars Tom Hanks, Amy Ryan, Alan Alda, and Eve Hewson. Director: Steven Spielberg; Costume Design: Kasia Maimone; Production: Neunundzwanzigste Babelsberg Film GmbH.
- Weissensee4. December 2014 | Pacifists, protesters, policemen, and soldiers during the Peaceful Revolution of 1989: we provide the suitable costumes for the ongoing production of a successful television series about a family; with Uwe Kockisch, Katrin Sass, Florian Lukas, Anna Loos; Director: Friedemann Fromm; Costu, Design: Monika Hinz; Production: Ziegler Film GmbH.
- Race8. September 2014 | With Stephan James, Jason Sudeikis, Jeremy Irons; Production: Trinity Race GmbH; Director: Stephen Hopkins; Costume Design: Mario Davignon; Movie about the American athlete Jesse Owens, who won four gold medals at the Olympic Games in Berlin in 1936 - we equip athletes, spectators, officials and people in uniform.
- Deutschland!8. September 2014 | With Jonas Nay, Stefan Kolosko, Alexander Beyer, Sylvester Groth; Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Director: various; Costume Design: Katrin Unterberger; TV series about a young spy whom the Stasi, in 1983, sent as an agent to West Germany- whether peace demonstration, NATO manoeuvres, or Neue Deutsche Welle (German New Wave) - we deliver the appropriate costumes.
- 25,000 New Film costumes8. September 2014 | Land in sight! We have already integrated and made available many of our 25,000 new collection additions from the fields of current fashion, vintage fashion, jewellery and accessories. Our range of film costumes is now even more diverse.
- Georg Elser8. August 2014 | with Christian Friedel, Katharina Schüttler, Burghart Klaußner; Production: Lucky Bird Pictures; Director: Oliver Hirschbiegel; Costum Design: Bettina Marx; Short description: About Georg Elser, his assassination against Adolf Hitler, 8/11/1939 in the Münchner Bürgerbräukeller – a few minutes later and the history of the world had an another modification.
- Grzimek16. July 2014 | with Ulrich Tukur, Barbara Auer, Katharina Schüttler; Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Director: Roland Susu Richter; Costum Design: Monika Jacobs; Short description: The biography from Bernhard Grzimek a German wildlife cameraman and ethologist from 1945 until 1987, the year of died.
- Witwenmacher16. July 2014 | Production: Zeitsprung Pictures; Director: Miguel Alexandre; Costum Design: Peri de Braganca; Short description: The history of he starfighter affair, a serial of crashes gave the nickname of this jet “widow-maker”. In Germany stand the acquisition in the shadow of the “Lockheed-Affair”, a corruption affair with Franz-Josef Strauß, a German minister of defence.
- „Helmut Schmidt - Lebensfragen“4. June 2014 | u.a. mit Ludwig Blochberger, Bernhard Schütz, Bibiana Beglau, Britta Hammelstein; Produktion: Trebitsch Entertainment GmbH; Regie: Ben von Grafenstein; Kostüm: Stefanie Bieker; Kurzinhalt: Anlässlich des 95. Geburtstags - ein Dokudrama über Helmut Schmidt mit Helmut Schmidt, über private Erlebnisse und politische Situationen.
- Fury4. June 2014 | u.a. mit Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman, Michael Pena, Jon Bernthal; Produktion: Norman Productions Limited; Regie: David Ayer; Kostüm: Anna Sheppard; Kurzinhalt: Während die Alliierten ihre finale Offensive auf den europäischen Schlachtfeldern beginnen, begibt sich eine Gruppe von Amerikanern auf eine mutige Mission in Nazi-Deutschland.
- Die Abrechnung26. May 2014 |
TV-Projekt über den fiktiven Fall des Zusammenbruchs eines Drogerie-Imperiums, das von einer Familie namens Faber geführt wird. Die Geschichte ist "inspiriert von wahren Begebenheiten wie der Schlecker-Pleite".
U. a. mit Robert Atzorn, Lisa Matinek, Josefine Preuß, Florian Lukas, Armin Rohde; Produktion: Moovie - the art of entertainment GmbH; Regie: Dror Zahavi; Kostüm: Riccarda Merten-Eicher
- Der Polder23. May 2014 |
In diesem Kino-Projekt will die Witwe Ryuko herausfinden, was mit ihrem Mann, dem Game-Entwickler Marcus, wirklich passiert ist. Sie muss erfahren, dass die Spiele ihres Mannes lebensgefährlich sind. Ihr Sohn Walterli wird in eine virtuelle Parallelwelt eingesaugt, aus der er so schnell nicht wieder entkommt. Ryuku muss diese Welt in der Realität nachbauen, um ihren Sohn aus grosser Gefahr zu retten.U. a. mit Nina Fog, Christoph Bach, Samuel Schwarz; Produktion: Dschoint Ventschr Filmproduktion; Regie: Samuel Schwarz, Julian Grünthal; Kostüm: Rudolf Jost
- Taxi22. May 2014 |
Kino-Spielfilm nach dem gleichnamigen Roman von Karen Duve über die 25 Jahre alte Alex, die nach der abgebrochenen Ausbildung bei einer Versicherung nichts mit sich und ihrem Dasein anzufangen weiß und sich als Taxifahrerin bewirbt. In ihrem neuen Job läuft es dann alles andere als rund. Als sie dann auch noch auf eine ungewöhnliche Liebe mit einem wesentlich kleineren Mann einläßt, ist sie endgültig überfordert.
U. a. mit Peter Dinklage, Rosalie Thomass, Robert Stadtlober, Alexander Bayer, Charly Hübner, Clemens Schick; Produktion: B&T Film GmbH; Regie: Kerstin Ahlrichs; Kostüm: Katja E. Waffenschmied