- THE TURNCOAT5. June 2019 | Oscar Winner Florian Gallenberger is filming the Siegfried Lenz novel. The TV series portrays the fate of the Wehrmacht soldier and deserter Walter Proska and his love for a Polish partisan. Our costumes support this German-Polish story. With a cast that includes Jannis Niewöhner, Adam Venhaus; Production: Dreamtool Entertainment GmbH; Direction: Florian Gallenberger; Costume Design: Lisy Christl
- DIE IRRFAHRT DER ST. LOUIS4. June 2019 | In this docudrama, Ulrich Noethen slips in the uniform of Captain Gustav Schröder who, in 1939, found no port of call for the 937 Jewish refugees aboard the St. Louis. Our civilian costumes and uniforms accompany the tragic story, which marks its 80th anniversary in 2019. With a cast that includes Ulrich Noethen, Golo Euler, Britta Hammelstein, Johannes Kienast; Production: UFA Fiction GmbH; Direction: Ben von Grafenstein; Costume Design: Markus Ernst
- CANNES COMPETITION 201915. May 2019 | The Studio Babelsberg co-production A HIDDEN LIFE, by multiple award-winning director and Cannes winner Terrence Malick and Academy Award-nominated costume designer Lisy Christl, will celebrate its world premiere in the competition of the 72nd Cannes International Film Festival. The film tells the true story of the Austrian Franz Jägerstätter who, for reasons of conscience, refused to serve in the Wehrmacht and was executed in 1943. As Costume House we enjoyed being part of this production and we keep our fingers crossed and wish the best success.
- KLASSENTREFFEN 2.08. May 2019 | The sequel to the comedy KLASSENTREFFEN 1.0 is in production and our contemporary costumes are participating. After their recent high school reunion, the three protagonists, in their continual chaos, finally realise what really matters in life: family, friendship and love. With a cast that includes Til Schweiger, Samuel Finzi, Milan Peschel; Production: Barefoot Productions GmbH; Direction: Til Schweiger; Costume Design: Metin Misdik
- LOLA AWARDS 20197. May 2019 | We congratulate all winners of the Deutscher Filmpreis 2019 most sincerely for their LOLA, especially Sabine Greunig for the LOLA for Best Costume Design for GUNDERMANN. Of course we are delighted that we had the opportunity to provide authentic costumes from our collection.